Whether it is a toddler and slightly older child, or a combination of different kids, double strollers come designed to serve both and promote equal safety and sturdiness benefits. One child’s weight should not tilt the pram over to that side; the older kid should not feel discomfited, and so on. With the Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller, you get the best of all stroller advantages for both children.
Prominent Features Of The Delta Children Tandem Umbrella Stroller
- The front wheels have 360-degree shock absorbing features.
- Its lightweight frame enhances mobility.
- A wide European style canopy adds security from the elements.
- This particular stroller model is eligible for free replacement parts from Amazon.
- Seats come with multi position reclining features that add immense comfort for both children riding in the stroller.
- Accessory-based components include two large hanging storage bags and a parent cup holder.
- It is compact enough to fit through a 30-inch doorway (standard size).
- A compact umbrella fold makes for easy storage and travel.
- In addition to soft shoulder pads, a 5-point harness adds to the safety and comfort of both children.
- The Delta Children LX meets or bests ASTM standards and comes with smart JPMA certification. In addition, it also covers relevant CPSC standards.
As double strollers (aka duallies) go, the Delta Children LX stands out in the pram-crowd. It has specialized features and all-round modern components, each working to ensure optimum safety, efficiency and more. We are going to explore the possibilities in this review.
Comfort & Safety
- The 360-degree shock absorbing feature incorporated in the front wheels add plenty of safety to the entire stroller.
- Each of the front wheels can swivel, making moving between places quite comfortable. Turning and general navigation is no longer hard to do.
- A 5-point harness does more than hold your child safe and keeps them in the stroller with no risk of them wandering off; it also helps support infants who cannot yet hold themselves up.
- Multi-position reclining features and shoulder padding on the seats introduce incredible comfort especially for little ones that need to sleep without undue stress or strain.
- Maneuverability (aka mobility) is at an exceptional high. Whether it is navigating through narrow pasages or thresholds, you can rest assured that this stroller will more than rise to the occasion.
- Most standard doorframes are too big to allow strollers. This one is so compact that it can smoothly pass through 30 inches worth of doorway space.
- Tight street corners and curbs will not pose a hassle. When out with your little boo-boo’s you can comfortably make your way between places as the flexible swivel wheels and lightweight frame of this product cuts chances for delay and fuss.
- Once folded (which we will look at soon) you can fold it up and place it in the trunk of your car. It fits like a charm.
- Most of these points are proof of the product living up to what the manufacturer (Delta Children) advertised.
Sturdy & Lightweight
Parents have repeatedly declared how lightweight the Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller is. In fact, this primary factor makes this duallie mobile and easy to use.
- Designed using quality material that is also sturdy, the stroller can easily be folded for transport in, say, the trunk of a car. You can do it with such ease that anyone will state how lightweight the product is.
- It is sturdy enough to withstand rough treks in national parks where paths are not always even and have shown to take it out on vehicle wheels. However, the LX Side by Side comes out on top although prolonged rough terrain use can result in problems.
- At 6 pounds, you can believe that even the most petite woman or slender man can handle this stroller with remarkable ease.
Storage, Style & Sundry
- Canopies are very important for strollers. The European style ones on this duallie safeguard your children from the sun’s UV rays, rain, heavy winds that carry fine debris, harsh elements, and even insect bites.
- Not only is the canopy practical to a fault, it is also rather beautiful and color-coded to complement the stroller.
- There is also a parents’ cup holder feature that comes with two attachment points capable of holding a water bottle or soda can. It adds to the convenience of modern parents on the go.
- You will find two hanging storage bags at the back of each seat so you can easily place items that cater to each child in the double stroller. No more bunching both kids’ items and belongings and taking forever to search for one item for one child.
- The bags are large enough to carry bottles, toys, snacks, diapers, clothes, and other baby or toddler essentials; even your own items. Aside from the hanging mesh bags, you also have two pockets at the back of each seat.
- The handlebar is not adjustable and the stroller’s overall height does not help matters in this regard. Tall parents (5’ 11” and over) may not find the Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller easy to wield.
- The canopies are not removeable or fully adjustable. If the sun hits down at an angle the canopy does not cover, there is little to nothing you can do but turn the stroller the other way.
- The wheels have been known to snag on, say, cracks in the sidewalk. Any damage to the wheels need immediate repair or they can prove quite cumbersome.
- Does not work well on rough terrain.
What Customers Are Saying ?
[scrapeazon asin=”B003TRZIGW” width=”650″ height=”400″ border=”false” country=”us”]
No matter the few disadvantages that can easily be handled or met, the Delta Children LX Side by Side Tandem Umbrella Stroller is compact, lightweight, superbly simple to fold, easy to manuever especially through narrow passages and doorways, and is highly convenient. Amazon’s inexpensive answer to parents everywhere comes in the form of this Delta Children stroller masterpiece.