Must you be eager to offer your baby solid food to eat? Even though there are many solid foods that can be given to your babies, the food you’ll give to your little one still depends on how many months your baby is. It is essential for you to talk to your child’s pediatrician or gather trustworthy information on which food is best for babies and at what age.
Breakfast Recipes for 7 Months Old
Pear, Raisin and Apple Brown Rice
Apple, raisins and pear are three miraculous fruits with which you can try numerous recipes for your 7 months baby.
- Half a peeled and chopped Apple.
- Half peeled and chopped Pear.
- About 3 to 4 tablespoon of Brown Rice (regular rice will work)
- Half table spoon of raisins
- A cup water
- Boil water in a saucepan and cook all the ingredients together till they get soft.
- Once the rice, apple, raisins, and pear are cooked, mix them together to a smooth evenness in a blender.
- You can on the other hand just mash it till it gets soft as at this age, your baby starts enjoying new textures and flavours.
- This is a naturally sweet food because of the raisins and fruits.
This new flavour will be loved by your baby.
Lunch Recipes for 7 Months Old
Steamed Veg Puree
Root veggies are a perfect way to introduce your little one to vegetables as they are perfect for purees and are naturally sweet. The veggies are also a good source of Vitamin A which is crucial for healthy hair, skin and the development of excellent eyesight in your baby.
- 2 to 3 vegetables chopped, vegetables include a carrot, potato, a sweet potato, about half a pumpkin and peas
- 2 to 3 cups of water
- Peel and chop the vegetables properly.
- Fill a steamer with boil water and put all these chopped vegetables into it.
- For about 20 to 25 minutes, allow the vegetables to steam till they get tender and soft.
- When they are cooked, blend the soft veggies in a blender with some of the water from your steamer.
- Mix to a smooth consistency.
Now simply sieve this puree and serve it to your little one.
Flavor Packed Cooked Veggies with Cereal and Rice
Like already said, every mother adores vegetables and believes if her child eats them without weaning.
- Half a cup rice
- Half a cup of cereal
- Half chopped carrot
- A small half chopped onion
- Half chopped tomato
- Half table spoon of cumin powder
- 5 curry leaves
- 1 table spoon of olive oil
- Separately cook rice till they are soft.
- Now place a pressure cooker on gas, and add a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the chopped onion and sauté. To this add cumin powder and cook it till the onion gets translucent and soft.
- Now add the carrot and tomato and blend. Add cereal to this and pour a cup of water and let it cook for at least a whistle.
- When cooked, blend this mixture until smooth.
- Add the cooked rice to pressure cooker for 1 more whistle.
- When done, include tempered curry leaves and blend well.
- Remember, you have to remove the curry leaves before you serve it to your little one.
Evening Recipe for 7 Months Old
Mango Rice Pudding
Little ones love mango, and mango can be blended into different foods, making the food healthier for your little one. Make the pudding more exciting by following a few simple steps. Try this lip smacking 7 months child food known as Mango Rice Pudding and see your child enjoying food.
- A small cup of rice
- 3 to 4 cups of milk or baby formula + water
- And half Mango
- In a sauce pan boil a cup of milk.
- If you are using baby formula along with water, simply boil the water and add baby formula and stir it uniformly.
- Wash the rice well and after the milk comes to a boil, mix both the rice and the boiling milk or baby formula and water.
- Now chop the mango and mix it with this.
- Allow the mixture to cook for about half an hour or so until the rice is soft and is completely mixed in the milk or formula, whatever you are using.
- You will find that the milk gets thickened slowly.
- Now let it cool, feed this mango rice pudding to your baby.
If not mango, you can substitute Mango with your child’s choice fruit like strawberry, banana etc.
There you have it your Mango Rice Pudding is all set to be served.