If you haven't got twins, your children aren't going to be the same age. This means that they'll be at different stages regarding a stroller. It's tough when the younger one isn't old enough to walk, but the older one is. You may need a stroller for your newborn and your toddler. That's where a tandem stroller comes in. Let us help you find the best sit and stand stroller for your kids.
Best Sit and Stand Stroller: Comparison Table
It is effortlessly lightweight yet manufactured to a high standard of quality.
Accommodates for two car seats if required.
Can adapt the seat in front to allow for a car seat if your child is still too young to sit.
Incredibly lightweight and easy to get in and out of the car.
The Best Sit and Stand Stroller on a Budget
Now you know what to consider when looking into buying a stroller that combines both sitting and standing. Let's take a look at the best options for people on a budget:
Shellie Braeuner of Care says that the Joovy Caboose is a great option. It is effortlessly lightweight yet manufactured to a high standard of quality.
Joovy Caboose can adapt to any car seat which you can easily transfer from your car. Your toddler can sit or stand in the back.
Also, you have the option of using the extra seat and transforming your sit and stand into a tandem.
- Its 2 year warranty is 4 times longer than the Baby Trend Sit and Stand warranty and 2 times longer than the Graco Ready2Grow warranty - Satisfaction Guaranteed.
- Features a unique design offering the most stable ride without the need for extra stroller boards that can become wobbly and hard to navigate.
- Has a huge canopy and a reliable organizer.
- Lightweight and portable
- A customer found the manual to be not so user friendly.
- The strap for the rear seat can be improved and comes off a bit too easily.
- Size is big for a mid-size SUV.
Shellie continues her list with the Baby Trend Sit and Stand Ultra. She says this stroller is one of the best because it accommodates for two car seats if required.
You can fold the Baby Trend Ultra with one hand. Also, the brake is foot-activated meaning you'll always have at least one hand free.
It comes with a canopy that can easily be removed and a food tray for when you're parked up for lunch.
- For 2 children weighing 50lbs each.
- Has a large basket, and compact fold for easy transport and storage.
- Sturdy and easy to maneuver.
- Fairly heavy
- Not compatible with Chicco infant carseats.
- A customer review stated that wheel locks are individual to each rear wheel and hard to press, it would be great if there's one bar to lock it both.
The Best Sit and Stand Stroller for any Budget
Now that you know where to look to meet the budget guidelines, let's take a look at the best sit and stand stroller's money can buy:
Courtney Jesperson of Nerd Wallet places the Graco Roomfor2 Stand and Ride at the top of the list.
She says that this particular model is easy to fold and makes navigating it simple.It comes with a canopy for the child at the front.
Additionally, you can adapt the seat in front to allow for a car seat if your child is still too young to sit. Storage is expansive and located directly underneath the front seat.
- Both seat cushions can be easily removed and machine-wash them in cold water on a delicate cycle. The stroller frame wipes down easily with soap and warm water.
- Easy to assemble and folds up tight.
- Compact and fits well in the truck of a small car.
- Features a front seat with convertible 3- to 5-point harness that adapts to your growing child. The rear seat offers a three-point harness for the padded bench.
- Can be hard to steer.
- The reclining front seat can be improved. It is slightly reclined that a bigger kid cannot sit on the bench.
- Can be difficult to maneuver in poorly paved or unswept walkways.
If you're conscious of handling two children and a stroller, the Joovy Caboose Too Ultralight takes convenience to the next level.
This stroller is focused on what it's like folded up as well as its performance when unfolded.
Parents like the Joovy Caboose Too Ultralight because it is incredibly lightweight and easy to get in and out of the car.
Because it is so light, it's also simple to steer, even when your toddler is standing on the back. There is a limit to how much room your older child has in the back. However, it's still more than enough for when they're standing.
- The front seat can accommodate a child from 3 months to 45 lbs. and also reclines to 3-positions.
- Features a huge and squared-off canopy which has more headroom. Rear extension also adds coverage in back.
- Lighter by 4lbs compared with other brands.
- Folding the stroller down is simple and easily fits into a small car trunk.
- Rain cover is sold separately.
- A customer review stated that It came with no manual/instruction and missing several pieces for the rear wheels. Replacement has been ordered without any extra charge.
- The basket can be improved. It can be a challenge to access when the child is sitting on the rear seat.
What to Look for in a Tandem Stroller
When looking at the options to accommodate both your younger and older child, it's worth considering this type of stroller. It provides you with the best of both worlds. Often, your oldest wouldn't sit down in a stroller anymore, so having somewhere they can stand is a great alternative.
When considering a stroller like this, there are some things to think about. Lucie's List says that these strollers are often lightweight and comfortable to get in and out of your car. When you are looking at what's out there, be sure to find one that will fit easily into your vehicle.
You also might want to take into consideration how much storage they have. Some come with more storage than others. Thus, if you're planning on making day trips with everything but the kitchen sink, you'll ensure you've got enough room.
The best sit and stand stroller doesn't have the best suspension or wheels and is more suitable for smoother surfaces. When doing your research, think about where you'll want to be walking mostly. These strollers are sturdy but can be limited in where they can be walked.
Best Sit and Stand Stroller: Final Thoughts
You want to be able to please both of your children. You need a stroller that can allow for one child to sit and one to have the option of standing. A stroller fit for an infant and a toddler. It should also be safe for both kids especially your newborn.
This gives you the flexibility of being able to walk to the park while keeping both of your children happy and entertained. A sit and stand stroller is an excellent option for both of your children, no matter what the age gap is. Finally it's definitely the best type of stroller on your checklist.